At N&P, we take our obligations in respect of data protection seriously and are committed to ensuring the highest standards of privacy and security when it comes to your personal information. We aim to provide you with all you need to know about your information rights, and how and why we use your personal information.
1. How we use your personal information
When you make an enquiry we will use your personal information (which can include including sensitive information), to process your it and to administer the account and services you have with us. We will also use your personal information to contact you where necessary, for fraud prevention and detection, legal and regulatory compliance, market research and general business purposes.
You can find full details of how Yorkshire Building Society (of which N&P is a trading name) use your personal information in our booklet 'How we use your personal information'. This booklet provides details on:
What personal information we need to collect
Why we need it
Where we may obtain personal information from
How long we keep personal information for
Who we may share your personal information with.
If you would like to know how Yorkshire Building Society (of which N&P is a trading name) use your personal information when applying for a role with us, please see our Candidate handbook.
2. Your information rights
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information, including:
1. The right to be informed You have the right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data. We will provide details on how Yorkshire Building Society (of which N&P is a trading name) use your personal information on this page and in our ‘How we use your personal information’ booklet.
2. The right of access You have the right to request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
The simplest and quickest way to request this information is by completing our simple Online Request Form.
Alternatively you can:
Call us or visit us in a YBS branch or agency
Or write to us at the address below: Data Subject Request Yorkshire House Yorkshire Drive Bradford West Yorkshire BD5 8LJ
3. The right to rectification You have the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
4. The right to erasure You have the right to request that your personal data erased, subject to certain criteria being met. This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. You may make a request in writing (including email) or verbally (e.g. by calling us). There is no charge to make such a request and we will aim to respond within one calendar month.
5. The right to restrict processing You have the right to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data, subject to certain criteria being met. There is no charge to make such a request and we will aim to respond within one calendar month.
6. The right to data portability Where you have provided personal information to us, you have the right to request ‘data portability’ which allows you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes and move, copy or transfer personal data easily from one IT environment to another in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability.
7. The right to object You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, for example, for direct marketing purposes. You may make a request in writing (including email) or verbally (e.g. by calling us). There is no charge to make such a request and we will aim to respond within one calendar month.
8. Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling. You have the right to request information on how we use automated decision making and have decisions made by automated means reviewed and evaluated by a person.
You can find information on your rights in respect of your personal information in Yorkshire Building Society's booklet Your Rights and Data Protection. If you wish to evoke any of your information rights, you may do so by writing to us at:
Data Protection Officer Yorkshire House Yorkshire Drive Bradford West Yorkshire BD5 8LJ
If you wish to update any of your personal information, you may do so by writing to the Customer Relations Department at the address above or by calling 0345 1200 100.
4. Your right to complain
If you have any concerns over how we have handled your personal information, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). You can make a complaint via their website or by contacting them at:
Information Commissioner's Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
We will only contact you in relation to marketing activities if you have opted in to such communications and where we have your consent. We will only contact you using methods you have agreed to. This may include post, email, text message, telephone or any other available messaging service.
We will not sell your details to other organisations but may use marketing agents to act on our behalf.
You can withdraw your consent to marketing at any time by calling 0345 1200 100.
We use technical methods (called "cookies") to identify what stage in an application process you are at, improve your experience by making it quicker and easier for you to use the site, identify how effective our advertising is and provide you with information in the future we believe is relevant to you.
We may record and monitor all communications with us to improve the quality of our service, for staff training and for your protection and security.
If you choose to communicate with us via email, you should note that ordinary email is not always secure. We recommend that you do not send us any confidential or sensitive personal information to us via email. Where you have requested that we correspond with you via email, we will only send confidential information about your accounts to you where we are required to do so and where it is suitably protected.
8. Links to other sites
9. Updating our privacy notice
We'll update our privacy notice from time to time. If we make changes, we'll try to let you know, but it's always a good idea to revisit this page when you can.