Help us improve

Find out how to contact us if something has gone wrong or you'd like to give us some feedback


Our customers are our top priority

We work hard to provide you with the best possible service. However, if at any time you think we haven't met your expectations please let us know. We will try to do everything we can do to put things right.

To help deal with your complaint, we have a complaints procedure that you can use to make us aware of any problems you've encountered. We'll do our best to address things quickly and fairly.

Our complaints procedure meets the requirements of both the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).

Ways to make a complaint

Write to us

Customer Relations Department,
Norwich & Peterborough Building Society,
Yorkshire House,
Yorkshire Drive,
Bradford, BD5 8LJ

Call us

9am – 5pm: Monday to Friday

Complaints publication reports

The Complaints publication reports show how many complaints Yorkshire Building Society (of which N&P is a trading name) received and dealt with during a reporting period.

View the Complaints publication report on the Yorkshire Building Society website.

What happens next?

We will do everything we can to resolve your complaint as soon as we can.

For more complex issues we may need more time to investigate your concerns. If this is the case, we will:

  •  Write to let you know we have received your complaint, and then
  •  Provide you with a response to the issues you've raised as soon as possible. Our complaints procedure allows us eight weeks to do this, but we will do our best to get back to you within four weeks
  •  For complaints relating to Payments to/from your account, we will do our best to get back to you in 15 days, for complex issues our procedure allows 35 days.

If we can't respond to the issue quickly, we will contact you to explain why that has not been possible, and when we will be in touch with you again.

In the vast majority of cases we are able to resolve issues directly with our customers. However, if you still feel your complaint has not been dealt with satisfactorily, you will then have the option of contacting the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS), their service is free to consumers.


The Financial Ombudsman

You can contact the Financial Ombudsman Service:

In writing at:

Financial Ombudsman Service
Exchange Tower
E14 9SR

By phone on:

We will send you a leaflet detailing the FOS complaints procedure with our response.

If you remain dissatisfied, you have up to six months from the date of our response letter to refer your complaint to the FOS.


Online Dispute Resolution (ODR)

The European Commission provides an online dispute resolution (ODR) platform for goods and services bought online.

This allows customers to submit their complaint through a central site and forwards it on to the right Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme.

For more information about ODR please visit

The ADR scheme for Norwich & Peterborough Building Society is the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS).