Current account - Help with financial difficulties
Working with you to manage your finances
At Norwich & Peterborough we understand that at times, you may experience financial problems. Experiencing financial difficulties can mean different things to different people.
By way of example, the following could indicate a situation where a person is experiencing difficulties:
- Taking on more debt - whether that means a new credit card, or asking for your overdraft limit to be increased.
- Using your full overdraft limit every month.
- Going over your approved overdraft limit, leading to additional charges.
- Deferring payments on your existing commitments.
- Defaulting payments on your existing loans.
- Increasing the amount of money you owe when the amount of money you earn has not increased, it may even have reduced.
- Finding yourself with a notice of County Court Judgement (CCJ), an Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA) or Bankruptcy proceedings.
If you find yourself in one of these situations, there are a number of ways in which, together, we can help get you back on track.
How can N&P help?
It is important that you remain calm and contact us as soon as possible. The sooner we can discuss the situation, the easier it will be to find a solution.
Most importantly, don't be afraid or embarrassed to ask for help. We are not here to judge how or why you need help. It is about making sure you get back in control and managing your finances. We will work with you and want to do all we can to help you resolve this problem.
Our dedicated Collections Team can be contacted on 0800 953 0063 (calls may be recorded). Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
If you would prefer, we will happily work with third party organisations such as Citizens Advice Bureau (we will need your written authority to do this). They will be able to provide you assistance in contacting all your creditors to try and resolve your payment difficulties.
From our experience, when accounts are being used in a certain way, it is an indication that you may be experiencing financial difficulties. In these instances, there are a number of things we will do to assist you.
If you would prefer to talk to someone else there are other people out there who can help.
- Advice UK - www.adviceuk.org.uk - 0300 777 0107
- Citizens Advice Bureau - www.citizensadvice.org.uk - Please see your local telephone directory for their number
- StepChange Debt Charity - www.stepchange.org - 0800 138 1111
- National Debtline - www.nationaldebtline.co.uk - 0808 808 4000
- Business Debtline - www.bdl.org.uk - 0800 197 6026
- Payplan - www.payplan.com - 0800 280 2816
- The Consumer Financial Education Body - www.cfebuk.org.uk
- Directgov - www.direct.gov.uk